Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Our First Date

If you curious about how our first date came along, check out how we met.

After Eric asked me to his senior prom via AOL IM'ing, we went through the weeks just like we had been. Gentle punches here and there, cute locker conversation, and the occasional high school note. One Friday, Eric handed me a note. In the note, he said that he thought it would be a good idea to hang out, outside of school. He felt, we should get to know each other a little better before spending prom together. I never wrote him back.

Saturday morning, my best friend at the time 'S' called me and told me there was a chance that she might be going to prom. She wanted us to go look at prom dresses, I jumped on the idea. She picked me up, we went prom dress shopping at some local stores, and then we were driving by the local coffee shop in our little downtown area. The same coffee shop where I knew Eric worked. I saw his car and asked 'S' if she wanted to go get a coffee and see the person I have been talking about 24/7. She agreed and we went in. As soon as we walked in, we realized it was packed but there was a small table by the window. We sat down and immediately I saw Eric running around like a crazy man. I decided to go up to the counter and order our drinks. On the way back to the table, Eric and I made eye contact. You could tell he was happy to see me. As 'S' and I were talking and drinking our drinks, Eric came up to our table to talk every couple minutes. Every time he would leave our table, he would slap me on the leg. One time while he was at our table, he mentioned that we should get together. I was bold and said, "how about tonight?" He agreed and our first date was set. You could tell he was excited, he totally forgot to ask for my phone number so I said, "don't you need my number?" I wrote my number for him on his waiters tablet. He said he would call me when he got home. Up until that moment the phone rang, I was a nervous wreck!

After we set our date up, I knew that I didn't know him good enough to be totally alone with him. I knew 'S' had to work at night, so I called my friend 'A'. She said she would hang out with us. 'A' got over to my house and we started getting me ready. I wanted to look good! The phone rang, I looked at the caller id and my heart jumped. It was him. I answered the phone and he sounded so cute, I was so excited for our first date. I gave him directions and less then a hour later, he pulled up in front of my house. The night began.

As Eric walked up my sidewalk, I remembering looking in the mirror one last time and then letting out a very girly squeal! I was so nervous but yet so very excited. After introducing Eric to 'A', our night was able to begin. We ventured down to my family room to watch a movie, Eric brought from home - "Stigmata". 'A' sat on the big comfy chair, which stuck me on the couch with Eric. Of course we sat at opposite sides of the couch, you could tell we were both a bit nervous. We all watched the movie, in silence for a while. After the night moved on and we got more comfortable, conversation during the movie picked up and we all started having a pretty fun evening until 'A' had to use the bathroom.

As soon as 'A' was up the stairs, Eric started crawling towards me. I was freaking out, my heart was racing and I didn't know what was going to happen or what the hell he was doing. All of a sudden, he grabbed a hold of me and next thing you know we were kissing. It was a great first kiss, that ended as soon as 'A' started to come back downstairs. When 'A' returned, Eric went to use the bathroom and I totally "kiss and told" to 'A'. We were both laughing and giggling about the whole situation, we were such big teenage girls! After we got done watching the movie, 'S' got off work and came over. We all decided to go play pool at a local bowling ally. After "playing" pool (I put playing in quotes, simply because I didn't really know how to play pool, so 'S', 'A', and I used our hands) we headed to Wendy's for fries and a vanilla Frosty (So good!). Eric and I held hands the whole time we were in the car. I felt so excited and my nerves were barely noticeable.

After a successful evening, Eric dropped 'S', 'A', and I off back at my house, said our good-byes and went our separate ways. The evening ended with no second kisses. The next few days we saw each other at random places, like the gas station, or the coffee shop. It wasn't until the next school day (which was a Tuesday) that things between us became "official".

As I walked into school, early that Tuesday morning. I decided to go in the doors that Eric's lockers were in. I saw him almost instantly. We exchanged smiles and he started walking with me in the hallway. As soon as we hit the first set of stairs, he said, "I'll talk to you later" and went up the stairs. At that instant, I was heart broken. I swore he didn't like me. I went through the day sad. I thought I had done something wrong. Oddly enough, I didn't see Eric in the halls that day. My frown turned into a smile at the start of 7th hour, when Eric handed me a note, a note that would change us forever. This was the note, he officially asked me out in. It was March 27th 2001, one of the best days of my lives. I was the happiest girl alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who's Been Looking