Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hormones...

As I set here typing, I still can't believe I gave birth 4 months ago. Just to think a year ago today, I was pregnant and didn't even know it! The day I found out, I was over 4 weeks pregnant but I remember thinking, "I'm due in July, July...that is SO far away!" Now July has come and gone! I am amazed how fast 4 months went. I wish I could relive the whole labor and delivery part all over again. I get so emotional every time I think about giving birth or I see pictures/hear stories of friends/family members who have babies. Sometimes I will ask Eric to tell me everything he witness from his prospective as I was in labor. All the details of that day are so clear in my mind and I hope they always will be. I love to sit and talk about the whole process, it was so special and yet so short. I have told a few people, that I hope my next labor is longer. I know, I know...you think I'm crazy, right? Let me explain: I went in Thursday night with contractions and 5 cm dilated. 8:30 the next morning, I was 5-6 cm dilated when the doctor broke my water. I was 7 cm around 9:00am. I hit transition labor around 9:10, where I was 7-8 cm dilated. At 9:15, I felt the urge to push and the nurse check and I was at 10 (which means it's show time). At 9:39am Claire came in to the world. Everything happened SO fast that I feel like I missed all the excitement of the labor process. Next time I want to experience the excitement of the gradual intensity of contractions, the excitement when I am checked and I dilated another cm. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for the amazing, healthy, natural, and fast delivery that I did experience. I just get emotional but I guess that is understanding, it is an amazingly important moment, that changes your whole life in a matter of seconds. Plus, you get to see "your" baby, the one who has been kicking, hiccuping, and rolling inside of you for the past 9 months! Truthfully, I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who's Been Looking