Thursday, November 11, 2010

Researching and Contemplating

I've been contemplating going back to school. I've been madly researching nursing schools. I have my BA in clinical/counseling psychology and I've never felt "complete". I love helping people, hence the reason why I went into psychology. I would love, love to go back to get my BSN but the programs in my area are ones where you have to go straight through with no breaks. At this point in my life, that doesn't seem quite possible. I've been looking into just getting my associate degree in nursing, which leads to becoming a RN. I really have been doing my research and recognizing that RN with an associates degree or BSN get paid close to the same amount and can hold the same positions. That makes me a little less sad that I wouldn't be able to get my BSN right now but still have a degree, I can use on a part-time basis and still make pretty good money. I eventually, after having my last baby, will most likely go get my MSN. I've found a few programs in the Chicago land area, that allows you to get your MSN without having a BSN. All you have to have is a BA/BS in an subject and be a RN. When I found this I was thrilled. I can get my associates degree and when ready go straight into a masters program! No need for me to get my BSN and spend more money! I really hope everything works out. I really feel like this is what I'm suppose to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who's Been Looking