Sunday, April 25, 2010

Recipe Sunday

This weeks recipe is a: California Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This recipe is a nice little twist to the normal, grilled cheese sandwich.


What you need:

Two pieces of wheat (or white) bread
One to two slices of your favorite cheese. (I prefer Coby Jack)
One avocado (cut into slices)
3-4 pieces of bacon (extra crispy for me) (you will need to cook it before hand)
A little bit of butter

What you do:

Butter one side of each piece of bread. Lay the butter side down on the skillet. Add your cheese, avocado, and bacon. Put the other piece of bread butter side up on to the rest of the sandwich. Wait a few minutes (depending on how crispy you like your bread) and then flip. You might need to flip the sandwich a few times to get the color (crispiness) you prefer. Make sure the cheese has melted all the way around the sandwich before removing it from the skillet!! Enjoy!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your little one is so cute. :) But I can't believe you already have "the bug" again for another - yikes I hope it takes me longer than that! Lol! You must have the mom thing going smoothly!

    ~ICLW~

    P.S. I was going to say the grilled cheese looks great - something I have been craving lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never ate a cheese sandwich like this until I was fully grown- now I love them. Thanks for the recipe! Sounds delish especially with the avacados.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who's Been Looking