Monday, February 22, 2010

One of Those Days

I think I am having one of those days. You know, the type of day that is full of tearful emotion. From every time Claire smiles at me or babbles, to the lady delivering her baby on TLC's "Baby Story" - I feel all these emotions running through my body and tears start to flow. I still blame it on postpartum hormones or the fact I should get my period any day now.

I am just so thankful for the little miracle God blessed Eric and I with. Claire has made me a better person (a little more of a worrier) and wife. I feel like every day is a new adventure because she's growing and changing. I do love the fact that I barely see the changes, it's so gradually to Eric and I but everyone else notices them often. I think if I saw her changing like others do, I would be more of a basket-case. Instead I look forward to her changing, growing, and all the fun that comes with it. It's still hard for me to believe that she is coming up on 8 months old. 8 months ago, she was comfortable and warm inside of my womb, kicking away day and  night. Now she is babbling, sitting up all by herself, pulling herself to a standing position, eating solids like a champ, has two bottom teeth, rolls all over the place, and loves laughing.

I also had one of those moments today, where I stop in my tracks and thought, "I have a baby and she is all mine." I love when I have those moments, it makes me smile. It's hard to remember a time without Claire. My life has been full of action since the moment she entered the world. I can truly and honestly say, that my life is a thousand times better because Claire is here. The air in our house is full of life and love. I can't imagine my life without Claire, she has added so much to our family. A family of 3 is way better then a married couple of 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who's Been Looking