Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nursing Strike

I would have sworn Claire was on a nursing strike last night. I was trying to feed her before putting her to bed but all she wanted to do was bite my nipples. I tried before and after our nightly book, nope, it was still a no go. Claire went to bed with out "boob". When she woke up around 4ish, I thought, okay now she wants to feed, nope. Again, all she wanted to do was bite my nipple. I was getting nervous because she wasn't eating, so I went out to computer to see what I could find. What I found, was it was very common for infants to go on nursing strikes while they are teething and Claire is so teething. I felt a little bit better knowing that what she was doing was normal. Of course I couldn't go back to sleep because all I was thinking about was how cranky she would be tomorrow without getting "boob", I would have to pump (which I've never had to do), I would have to get out in the crappy weather to get breast milk storage bags. Claire woke up again at 6:15 and surprisingly she wanted the "boob"! She ate awhile and then fell back to sleep. Eric and I agreed that it was probably a combination of teething and her just being full from her dinner. It was so weird but thank goodness she has been a good eater so far today until she is done, then the biting begins! I just hope we don't experience many more mini nursing strike because I don't want to experience plugged up milk ducts again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who's Been Looking