Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Update

*If you read one of my last post about:  "I'm obsessed with Jessica Seinfeld's cook book: Deceptively Delicious"  Then you need to seriously try one of the new recipes I just tried out on my family this past week: "Chicken Quesadillas" They were amazing. Period, the end. They had pureed butternut squash (which the word probably grosses out my husband) which Eric could not taste AT ALL!! It's amazing, I'm so happy I found a recipe book that can transform a meal to from ordinary/normal to delicious/healthy! Any mom has to love that fact! Again, I highly recommend this cookbook! If you are laking in the lunch/dinner department or you've just burned out all your "got to meals" then run out and find this cookbook today!

Here are the amazing "Chicken Quesadillas" recipe:

  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2lb chicken cutlets or boneless chicken breast,rinsed and dried.
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
  • 1/2 cup canned navy beans, drained and rinsed (I couldn't find navy so I used black beans)
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1/2 cup butternut squash puree
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • whole- wheat tortillas
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  1. Preheat oven to 400degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and chili powder, add it to the pan, and cook until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side for cutlets. For chicken breast, cook 5 minutes per side, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 9 to 10 minutes longer. Cut the chicken into thin slices, or puree it, if necessary.
  3. In a small bowl or mini chopper, mash the beans with the sour cream. In another bowl, stir together the butternut squash puree and the cheese.
  4. Spread the bean mixture over two of the tortillas, then arrange the chicken slices or spread the pureed chicken on top. Spread the cheese mixture over the other two tortillas and press one of each together to form sandwiches. Place on the baking sheet and bake until the tortillas are crisp. 5 to 6 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.



*We took Claire to her first concert - Disney's Imagination Movers with Choo-Choo Soul. She had an amazing time as did Eric and I. We've been watching the live concert via Disney for the last month 10x or more day so you can easily say it's one of Claire's favorite shows on tv to watch. She was in shock most the time but she danced and meet some older kid friends on the steps and had a lot of fun with them! All in all it was a very successful concert. We only had one, "all done?" but she did great for the 1 1/2 hour concert! Afterward she got her very own "movers" shirt and she also was lucky enough to meet the stars from "Choo-Choo Soul" and get a picture with them! (Pictures to come very soon).



*C.C. has a pretty nasty cough but nothing see can't handle. It comes at weird times but don't last too long. It's very mucus-y sounding so we are keeping her very hydrated with water/juice combo! We've also been making sure she takes her 1/2 of Flintstones vitamin every night! I'm ready for nice, warm weather to knock all this sick bugs out but I guess when their gone, the allergy bug attacks! It's always something, isn't it?


*I booked another Miche Bag vendor show in Schererville in June. I'm so happy that I'm making some spending money of my own. Before I was always apprehensive of spending Eric's money, don't get me wrong, I know it's our money but when I'm actually doing something to contribute it makes me feel great. I can make anywhere from $150-$300 in as little as 4 hours. Plus, it's fun and I believe in the product! Now I have 4 shows in 3 months!



*We are staying to plan our San Diego California trip. We are going the end of May to the beginning of June. 2 months away from today! We are excited to get away and we love California! This will be Claire's longest airplane ride. I'm a little nervous for the 4 1/2 hour flight but I will have a bag of goodies packed and the dvd player armed with her favorite movies and shows.  We are definitely doing: Disneyland and San Diego Zoo. We also have options of Lego Land and some kind of Safari Animal Park. We also are heading into LA for the whole day. Sight seeing and visiting more family. We are excited and are enjoying the planning process!

* Sunday was also a special day but I'll be writing a post, especially for that. So stay tuned!

Well, it's was an action packed weekend and we are just as packed in April as we were in March. You can tell Summer's a coming. We are always so busy in the Summer. It's fun and nice but it makes the Summer go by a little too fast! No matter what, I just enjoy the moments, crazy or not with my family! Hope you all had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who's Been Looking